Y-TZP (Yttria Stabilized Zirconium Oxide) is a specialty material for critical structural ceramic applications. The material is almost completely tetragonal in structure and is partially stabilized using about 3 mol% of Yttria (Y2O3).
Mg-PSZ(Magnesium oxide)is used as the stabiliser. This cubic phase material is loaded with tiny tetragonal phase precipitates, giving a very high level of transformation toughness. Mg-PSZ is able to give the highest level of fracture toughness.
• Use temperatures up to 2400°C
• Low thermal conductivity
• High density
• Chemical inertness
• Resistance to molten metals
• Wear resistance
• High fracture toughness
• Precision ball valve balls and seats
• Deep well down-hole valves and seats
• Rollers and guides for metal tube forming
• Hot metal extrusion dies
• Marine pump seals and shaft guides
• Oxygen sensors
• Fuel cell membranes